Saturday, March 10, 2012

Peppers & glories!

Before I ran out of potting soil and manure, I manged to pot up one of the peppers.   I cracked the sides and bottom of the peat pot by gently squeezing, to allow the roots to spread.   (Next to it is the cilantro from last year that just refuses to die!  I bought a 20cent pack of cilantro seeds and will start over again with the herb, this time in a hanging basket since it seems to like to trail.  I'm thinking of moving the bushy thyme from the Aerogarden into a hanging basket also..I can't use it fast enough.)


Here is the tomato, soon to be upside-down, once it reaches 5". It is a happy little tomato, and I see new leaves coming out every day.  I admit I am a little nervous about turning the tomato upside down.  I've never turned a plant upside-down before!


Here's the other pepper that was started in the Aerogarden.  He'll get a big pot soon once I pick up some more soil.


Not a great picture here, but these are the morning glories that I transplanted into the garden.  They are the plants that kind of look like clovers.   They really are doing great!  I am going to try to train them to climb this brick pillar in the front of my home.


More morning glories have sprouted in the Aerogarden and will be moved outside shortly, and trained on another front wall.  I've never grown morning glories before.  They seem quite hardy, with thick stems.  They open in the morning to enjoy the sun and close at night.  

Here is some info on morning glories:

Most of the stuff I try to grow is new to me!  Havin fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment