Monday, March 5, 2012

Azalea update



Azalea I planted on Monday, 2/27/12.  Blossoming nicely.


 
The other azalea I planted on Monday, 2/27/12.  Two blossoms.


Older pic:
Remember this?  The deadish thing I stuck in the ground.  It was the piece of the azalea that got trampled off by the armadillo.  Looked brown and sad so I went to pull it out.  BUT it now has a nice long root!  So I guess I have 3 azaleas?  (Plus the big one from previous posts - which is actually 2 shrubs of just the slightest color difference).
Older pic after armadillo trample.  End of "cutting" he broke off was pushed back into the soil and now has a root.

I guess now I know how to propagate azaleas!

Azaleas are labeled as "part sun" or "morning sunlight only".  I have these along my back fence which is shaded by trees, but the area gets a little bit of sun in the afternoon.  I hope to plant a bunch more to fill in the empty spaces along the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment