Sunday, March 18, 2012

No more whiteflies?

After the big cleanup and the 2nd standalone spritzing of Ivory solution, I have yet to see any whiteflies.  Success!

Today I planted 2 daylilies in the front bed.  I bought them yesterday after work and didn't plant them until this morning.  Before I even started, I noticed that one flower had opened up already.  Lovely!

I still think I need just 1 more to fill a gap. 

The morning glories are doing great.  One even has a flower bud.  I did try direct sowing some of the seeds, and I am trying to keep the soil moist for germination.  Hope they grow directly sown - alot of stuff doesn't, well, not down here in FL, at least.  But I have heard that morning glories are popular because they like all types of soil including poor soil.  I made sure to amend the soil before planting, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment