Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Itty bitty crape myrtle

I went to an Art & Foliage festival this past weekend, and wandered over to The Arbor Day Foundation booth.  They were giving out free trees and said I could take as many as I wanted!  They had red oak, and two other types of trees, but I took the red crape myrtle!

Since it is so small, I decided to put it in a pot until it gets a little bigger.  Then I'll plant it in the yard.


In the background is the eggplant!  It's doing great.

P.S.  Next time you are at a fair/festival, try the deep fried oreos.  They dunk them in a funnel-cake type batter and the cookie gets soft and mushy inside, making like an oreo creme filling inside the batter.  When it comes out, some powdered sugar gets sprinkled on top.  These things are soo amazing and addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment