Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dad's aerogarden!

Here is a pic of my dad's aerogarden!  He started maybe 2 weeks or so after me.  He is doing a great job.


Also here is a picture of my sandwich.  Turkey, pepperoni, sharp cheddar, and fresh basil from the aero.  Let me tell you, fresh basil adds a whole new dimension of flavor to a sandwich.


In other news, my cilantro plant outside started flowering.  It was on its way out (frostbite, etc from some recent cold weather) so I left it alone.  I never saw a cilantro plant flower before.  It's actually bad to let one flower on purpose if it's an otherwise healthy plant because you can no longer harvest herbs from it.  For the most part, my plant is all brown & ugly looking.  Except for a new shoot or two like this one.


I plan to replant cilantro in the spring.  It's easy to grow.  Get some soil, dump entire seed packet on top of soil, water.  Keep moist.  That is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment