Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hello World



5 rows of seeds were planted in this bed just 4 days ago and already 2 whole rows have sprouted. And a few sprouts in the smaller bed are starting to come up too! (Too small yet to see in a pic. )

We planted red onions, turnips, radishes, swiss chard, squash, and cabbage. I've grown turnips before (just a few) and they did well. I have also grown squash before, which were all affected with a fungus and died of rot (never got fruit on the plants due to leaf rot). The other vegetables that we planted, I have never grown before. Boyfriend claims cabbage is super easy, radishes are just as easy as turnips I am sure, and I have a coworker growing swiss chard right now. He said that it's a piece of cake to grow.

So I'm hoping for great success. I usually don't thin my plants, but I think I am going to this time, to see if I will have a better result.

No comments:

Post a Comment