Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bachelor's Button

This is the first time I am trying to grow a flower(s) in the Aerogarden.  I threw it in there simply because I just wanted to fill the gap with something interesting.

The flower is called Bachelor's Button.  When it blooms, it should be blue.  I think there are 2-3 sprouts in this pod.  This is a welcome addition, as the temps have cooled down outside and the flowers will start to die soon if we get a frost or two like last year.  Last year's frost wiped out all of my penta plants outside as well as 2 or 3 small, new hibiscus bushes.  Fortunately these plants grown back after being heavily pruned.  The pentas came back in full force, but the hibiscus are growing very slowly and I am not sure they will ever fully recover.  I may reattempt hibiscus one day.

Bachelor's button


The Aerogarden - Cherry tomato, Chives, Bachelor's
Button, Jalapeno

No comments:

Post a Comment