Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lilies and morning glories

A rain lily has bloomed.  These were planted in the flower bed by the previous owner.  I gathered them into bunches to make them more aesthetically pleasing.  I also added a few different types of lily plants around them.



It's lovely!

A second one opened up a day later!
The morning glories are happy!  Here is one climbing a stick.  The others just want to wrap around this one and make a spaghetti, I guess.  They don't want to climb the wall on their own.  I thought they would have little sticky things on them that grab the wall, but they really don't.  They just like to wrap around things.  Their habit of growing is pretty cool.  I plan on getting a trellis and trying to train them a little better.


The very first morning glory flower!  You can't really tell from this picture, but it has little bluish purple specks.  I planted assorted morning glories, so I don't know which color will be where when they all bloom.


I saw a few more flower buds getting ready... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment