Thursday, January 29, 2015

Plant reproducing

I kept seeing these on my Aerogarden grow deck.



I could not see anything on the plant that looked like this, so I thought they were mosquito eggs. I took the AG apart and I sanitized everything I could. I even treated the vincas with insecticidal soap.

The next day they were back. I cleaned them up. They came back again. And again.

I reached out to the Aerogardeners on Facebook and one woman said they are seeds.

I looked carefully and although well camouflaged, I found seed pods!

Fresh seed pods:



They dry out, then fall off the plant. The seeds fall through to the grow deck but the dry pods land on leaves, which is why the mystery.

Dried pod:



Inside of a pod. See the indentations?



This is so cool!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment