Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Today's harvest!



Garden is doing ok. Very weedy though. I need to lay down some weed paper or something. For now, I'm pulling. Tomato plants are looking twiggy but are still making a large number of tomatoes so I am letting them be. Peas and green beans : I got a small harvest off them but then they got twiggy and died. They have been replaced with cucumber seeds which are growing well. The sweetie tomatoes are really producing and are less prone to fruit cracking than the romas. I will grow them again next year. Upside down tomato planter, which is in its second year with the same [cherry tomato] plant is kind of looking sad now. I will swap it out. The topsy turvy morning glory planter has "reseeded itself" and is now growing new morning glories. I cleared out the old to make room for the new.

A friend I was visiting sent me home with these:



Aren't these cool? These are lily bulbs, different from the rain lilies I have. These are more tropical looking lilies. The bulbs look bizarre, like turtle eggs. I will be putting them on top of a pot of dirt so they take root.

No comments:

Post a Comment