Saturday, April 13, 2013

Garden News, 2nd edition

Adding on to my previous post...

Here is one of the raised beds. In the back left is corn sprouts. In the back middle and right is a row of okra. Then we have eggplant, bell pepper and roma tomato in the front.



Second raised bed with tomato, jalapeno, eggplant, borage, bell peppers, dill, parsley, and onions. Supposedly, growing borage next to tomato plants makes the tomatoes taste better. Borage is an herb. If you scroll back a post or two you will see the previous picture of this raised bed. You will see that this raised bed has grown quite a bit!



This is the third raised bed. In the front we have pickling cucumbers. In the back we have summer squash.





Next is the front flower bed. It doesn't look like much now, but I have planted A large amount of flower seeds in it. Also I planted some pansy plants, which I started in the AeroGarden. They were somewhat difficult to get started. You can see the pansy plant next to the angel.





Nasturnium:


I also planted a few bulbs, and the gladiolus that I found coming up from last year's bulbs I relocated to the very front with my lily plants.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment